1. Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, Unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellow laborer,
2. and to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the church in thy house:
3. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers,
5. having heard of thy love and faith which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus and toward all saints,
6. that the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
7. For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the hearts of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.
8. Therefore, though I might be bold enough in Christ to enjoin thee to do that which is befitting,
9. yet for love’s sake rather I beseech thee, being such a one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.
10. I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds.
11. In time past he was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me.
12. I am sending him back. Thou therefore receive him, who is mine own heart.
13. I would have retained him with me, that in thy stead he might have ministered unto me in the bonds of the Gospel;
14. but without thy mind would I do nothing, that thy goodness should not be, as it were, of necessity but willingly.
15. For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him back for ever—
16. not now as a servant, but more than a servant: as a brother beloved, especially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh and in the Lord.
17. If thou count me therefore a partner, receive him as myself.
18. If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee aught, put that on mine account.
19. I, Paul, have written this with mine own hand: I will repay it; albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides.
20. Yea, brother, let me have joy of thee in the Lord; refresh my soul in the Lord.
21. Having confidence in thy obedience I wrote unto thee, knowing that thou wilt also do more than I say.
22. But besides prepare me also a lodging, for I trust that through your prayers I shall be given unto you.
23. There salute thee Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus;
24. also Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas and Luke, my fellow laborers.
25. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.